©2014 Mobyx Solutions. All rights reserved. Use of the Mobyx™ name, logo, images, and screens without prior written permission is prohibited.
The developers of Mobyx, Mobyx Solutions and its affiliates (collectively “Mobyx”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”) are committed to help customers enjoy the benefits of mobile communications via this smartphone application (the App).
Information We Collect and Process
Information you provide when you visit our Website or when you use our App
collect and process information which you provide directly to us when you use
or interact with our website or the App.
• We use various technologies to collect information which may include saving cookies to your devices;
• Call Detail Records of data produced by a telephone call or other telecommunications transactions provided via the App. The record contains various attributes of the call, such as time, duration, completion status, source number and destination number.
• Device Operating System;
Cookies and other similar technologies
Information We Receive from Third Parties.
You may access websites and services for other third-parties related to the App. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third parties, and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
If you choose to interconnect third-party solutions and services to the App, we may receive information such as your authentication credentials or other details you agree to provide in order to authorize interconnection. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party service provider to learn about your options.
How We Use Information
We may use
the information we collect in various ways, including to:
• Provide, operate, and maintain the App;
• Improve, personalize, and expand the App;
• Understand and analyze how you use our App;
• Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
• Communicate with your VoIP service provider, including technical support, to provide you with updates to the App;
• Process your transactions, calls and other communications;
• Find and help prevent fraud.
How We Share Information
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
With business partners and other entities to provide, improve, and personalize the App.
Affiliates and Partners.
With companies or ventures that are owned or controlled by Mobyx, and internally within Mobyx, in order to provide and improve the App, to provide technical support, and for analytics.
• For Certain
Analytics and Improvement
With certain companies for purposes of analytics and improvement of the App.
Legal Compliance, Law Enforcement, and Public Safety Purposes
As permitted by law, with duly authorized law enforcement, government or regulatory bodies, lawful authorities, or other authorized third parties in order to comply with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal obligations or to assist in an investigation, to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties, or for crime-prevention purposes. This also includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
We may share information with your consent.
Legal Basis For Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
we will normally collect personal information from you only:
• where we need the personal information in order to deliver or support or service to your VoIP Service Provider;
• where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or
• where we have your consent to do so.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect or use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Personal Information
We take data protection and privacy seriously. We maintain appropriate organizational, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please bear in mind that the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide your VoIP Service Provider with a service you have requested.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you reside. This means that information collected outside the United States, including in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), may be transferred to and stored on our servers in the United States and the other countries, specifically in Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Singapore and Japan, and potentially in other countries where our affiliates and third-party service providers and partners operate. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws in your country (and in some cases, may not be as protective).
• European Commission adequacy decisions, which acknowledge that the non-EEA countries listed here have national laws that protect personal information to a substantially similar standard required by European Union law;
• The European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, which require non-EEA recipients of personal information to continue to protect the personal information they receive to the standard required by European Union law; or
• Other lawful data transfer mechanisms or derogations from data transfer restrictions.
Your Data Protection Rights Under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
• If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing email@example.com.
• In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
• You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
By continuing to use our website and the App after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
The data controller and processor of your personal information is Mobyx.
Last updated May 25, 2018